Configuring PPPoE Dialer in Windows XP
Windows XP has built in PPPoE dialer, so you can utilize this dialer in order to connect to Internet via DSL/Cable modem with bridge mode configured.
Before you start to configure this dialer, please configure network card to obtain IP address and DNS server automatically.
Let's start now! Here is the way to configure this dialer in Windows XP:
1) Go to Start, right click My Network Places and click on Properties.
2) Network Connections window will appear, click Create a new connection.
3) New Connection Wizard window will appear, click Next.
4) Click Connect to the Internet, and click Next.
5) After that select Set up my connection manually and click Next.
6) Here you need to select Connect using a broadband connection that requires a user name and password, and click Next.
7) Name you connection, so that you can identify this dialer easily later. Click Next.
8) Type in username and password of your DSL/Cable Internet connection, this info is given by ISP when you subscribe Internet service. You can also tick other two options to allow anyone connects to the Internet from this computer and make this the default Internet connection. Click Next.
9) Finally click Finish to complete this dialer configuration.
10) Once you have this dialer configured, you will notice the new dialer icon appears under Broadband section in Network Connections window.
11) How to connect? It's easy! Just click the dialer icon and then dialer window will appear, after that click Connect. :)
netsh winsock reset - Resetting Winsock Catalog and Solving Network Problem
Internet Speed Test How to
Using SG TCP Optimizer to Improve Internet Speed
Return to top of "Configuring PPPoE Dialer in Windows XP"!!