Start Windows 10 WLAN AutoConfig Service
Starting Windows 10 WLAN AutoConfig service
is pretty similar to how you do it in Windows 8 or 8.1. Actually this is built-in wireless utility in Windows 10 that allows you to configure, discover, connect and disconnect your wireless adapter from wireless network without additional 3rd party wireless utility.
Therefore, this service must be running in order for you to connect your computer to wireless network. Let us follow the step-by-step instructions here to check and start this WLAN Autoconfig service:
1) First, right click the Start
button and click on the Control Panel
2) Control Panel window will appear and so you go ahead to click on System and Security
3) Continue to click on Administrative Tools
once you have seen the System and Security window.
4) Administrative Tools window will appear, scroll down and look for Services
, after that click on it.
5) Once you have gone into Services window, scroll down and look for WLAN AutoConfig
. Upon identifying it, you can find out its status and also the startup type. Double click on it in order to open the properties of this service, so that you can further manipulate the service settings.
6) WLAN AutoConfig Properties window will appear. If the startup type is not set to automatic, click on the dropdown arrow and change it to Automatic
. Click Start
to start the service if it’s not started. Click OK
If you don’t enable this feature, your computer will not detect any wireless network. You need to use other wireless utility to do it.
Wireless Scanning Tool to Identify Interference – inSSIDer
Free Wireless Key Finder – WirelessKeyView
Powerline Ethernet Adapter – Simple Way to Extend Home Network
Securing Passwords with Password Manager
Return to top of "How to Start Windows 10 WLAN AutoConfig Service"!!